Whats taking so long....

wasp1965

• Total Posts : 4
Whats taking so long.... Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:11 PM (permalink)
so here it goes
3/4/2012 order submitted
3/5/2012 order received and will be reviewed/processed by a sales rep.
3/6/2012 payment has been successfully recieved/approved
3/15/2012 materials are now being gathered for your build
and as of 3/24/2012 i have heard nothing else so monday 3/26/2012 i guess ill call and complain a little bit. 7 days to gather parts (all bussiness days). thats just crazy. i know if you pay for rush delivery those get priority but pull someone off my build to work on it. IBP should have a group of workers just for rush orders.I mean if your waiting for backordered parts or something like that send me an email just let me know

wasp1965

• Total Posts : 4
    Re:Whats taking so long....Update!! Monday, March 26, 2012 8:48 AM (permalink)
    Well called customer service and talk to Lee (SOUNDED LIKE A NICE GUY) asked about the pc build delay. He said it was due to the backup of pc being built and should be ready to ship by the end of this week which should be 3/30/2012.We'll see if it happens....

katycat71

• Total Posts : 2
      Re:Whats taking so long.... Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:44 PM (permalink)
      Same happened to me...i ordered on the 12th, supposed to ship on the 26th...i called yesterday to ask if it had shipped because it still says materials being gathered...well he said either tomorrow or the 30th like yours...i am guessing 30th because it still says materials being gathered. Anyway...he upgraded my shipping so that i will get it faster when shipped. I just hope they do actually ship it on the 30th because i have spring break next week...i would like to have my new pc during break. You should update your progress because i woukd like to see if yours changes at all, conisdering ours is supposed to ship on the same date

katycat71

• Total Posts : 2
        Re:Whats taking so long.... Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:22 PM (permalink)
        So a couple minutes ago they updated my computers status and the materials were gathered...so now i just want to know how long will it take to be assembled? Can anyone tell me on average?

srs25

• Total Posts : 1
          Re:Whats taking so long.... Friday, March 30, 2012 11:13 PM (permalink)
          to be honest this is the worst experience, I place the order on the 13 and still waiting, I thing the manager don't care about  loosing  money they just can do the job right . I wish all the people cancel the orders at the same time and don't  order any system from this site for three months and they will be screw, and take care about the customer, the problem is that they offer 10 to 15 days they should be honest and tell the customer the real time, don't come with stupid offers that you can't comply 

Myrrhdyrrh

• Total Posts : 15
            Re:Whats taking so long.... Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:11 AM (permalink)
            Patience is key, odds are parts were simply back ordered as it happened to me as well, if it bothers you that much that you have to wait, call and see what parts were back ordered and switch them out, otherwise just cancel your order and use another site.
            srs25

to be honest this is the worst experience, I place the order on the 13 and still waiting, I thing the manager don't care about  loosing  money they just can do the job right . I wish all the people cancel the orders at the same time and don't  order any system from this site for three months and they will be screw, and take care about the customer, the problem is that they offer 10 to 15 days they should be honest and tell the customer the real time, don't come with stupid offers that you can't comply 

johnnyboy4

• Total Posts : 31
              Re:Whats taking so long.... Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:46 PM (permalink)
              since the 20th it has the payment has been verified. it is 3/31, and still nothing new. i consider u guys lucky.

EDIT: I ordered on the 16th. specs in the sig
              <message edited by johnnyboy4 on Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:59 PM>
              Processor: Intel i7 2700K @3.5 GHz
              GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB -  Single Card
              RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 Corsair
              PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2
              Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LX
              CPU Cooling: Liquid Cooling [SOCKET-1155] + Dual Fans

tremblewithfear6

• Total Posts : 7
                Re:Whats taking so long.... Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:07 PM (permalink)
                Here's mine: 

Status DateStatusNotes/Tracking#

3/21/2012 3:39:07 PM Processing Payment has been successfully received/approved.
                3/21/2012 9:21:00 AM Processing The order has been received and will be reviewed/processed by a sales rep.
                3/20/2012 8:55:33 PM Submitted Order Submitted by Customer  

Anyone think I should call them soon? I'm thinking about calling them this week if I don't see any update on my order.
                <message edited by tremblewithfear6 on Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:09 PM>

devilice

• Total Posts : 57
                  Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 12:08 PM (permalink)
                  Paying extra for faster build speeds up process alot faster.

Sattymike

Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 1:38 PM (permalink)
                    Agree.  Ordered the 17th, IBP received the order on 18th, payment approved on 20th.  Nothing since.  Technically they're still within their window for me.  They start counting the business days once payment is approved - not when you initially ordered.  So for me, the clock started ticking on the 20th and they're 9 business days in on mine from the stated 5 - 10 business days.  They recently replied to an email I sent letting me know they expect to ship on the 4th APR.

Now, I went into this having read all of the forum posts prior.  I know it takes them a month on a non-rush order.  I'm willing to be patient and ride it out.  On top of everything though, it appears now March was the worst time ever to buy as they're swamped in production.  Maybe I should have rushed my order, but what the hell.  Hoping I get to "Gathering Parts" some time this week.
                    <message edited by Sattymike on Monday, April 02, 2012 1:41 PM>

tiggerwof

• Total Posts : 27
                      Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 2:07 PM (permalink)
                      Same timeline for me...ordered 3/16, payment accepted 3/20.  I have called 3 times and I can guarantee it wont ship April 4th...April 6th at the earliest and that's highly doubtful.  I called some local computer shops and had planned on cancelling my IBP order today but will wait another 5 grueling business days.

The only positive experience so far has been an apologetic and friendly customer service and tech support (reviewing my build).  However, if i finally receive the machine and it is: damaged, not assembled correctly, has noises or glitches, or is a less than perfect machine, I will NEVER do business here again.  I'm not going to play the RMA game with substandard parts...I can be patient when people keep promises but when they can't, all bets are off.

flowercivic

• Total Posts : 1
                        Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 4:55 PM (permalink)
                        Ugh... I'm really close to cancelling my order and just gutting case I have here and rebuilding.  Same boat here, and I will admit they have a nice guy talking to folks, and I hope they give him a bump in pay as he deserves it with all the complaining I'm sure he's hearing.  

I'm going on week three, and I've yet to even see the "gathering parts" status update on my order.   

I've ordered from Digital Storm for my parents (step dad's a gamer that lives 1000 miles away) He had his beastie within the two weeks, and they sent him updates throughout the entire process.  His budget was a little more healthy than mine so I came here.  It too was ordered during tax season as I went back to review the order I placed for him.  

I was already annoyed during the purchase they wanted $19 for shipping foam... Are you freaking serious??? You should be giving this up automatically as it prevents damage to the product and potential RMA's which cost more than that expanding foam does.  If it's not 100% PERFECT, or updates to a "gathering parts" by the end of this week I'm getting my money back.  Three weeks with the only update is taking my money is not okay, regardless of how busy IBP is. 
                        <message edited by flowercivic on Monday, April 02, 2012 4:58 PM>

Sattymike

Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 5:31 PM (permalink)
                          Got to Gathering Parts just now - hoping for no back orders      Hang in there guys. 

Speaking of the packing foam - I also think that should be a given.  It just makes sense not to nickle / dime people for things that protect the product and keep the buying experience positive.

Tacomatose

• Total Posts : 178
                            Re:Whats taking so long.... Monday, April 02, 2012 7:36 PM (permalink)
                            You actually pay for that packing regardless of if you want to or not on other sites. A Person ordering a basic system with little extra mods or very little distance shipping in regards to location, has the choice to not want to pay. Something understandable to me despite seeing people spend $1000 or more on a machine and then wanting to nickel and dime themselves from an investment so pricey. Seriously, ****ing about $19 after spending so much on a new rig is absurd. You get what you pay for and if you want to gamble on your new purchase, IBP allows you to do so. In the end though, it is your choice and your gamble, pay it and have peace of mind, or dont and take a chance.
                            Intel® Core™ i7-2700K Processor
                            [3-Way SLI] ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
                            8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600
                            GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)

Sattymike

Re:Whats taking so long.... Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:42 PM (permalink)
                              It's 6 of one half a dozen of the other - you say it's absurd for someone to quibble over $20 when you just spent $1,000 and I think it's silly for the company to charge you $20 for packing foam when you just paid them $1,000. 

I want my PC to arrive unharmed.  They should be wanting to see me as a return customer and doing things like chipping in a $20 piece of foam instead of charging me for it are the kind of things that help build happy customers....   seems pretty simple to me.

tiggerwof

Re:Whats taking so long.... Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:40 PM (permalink)
                                Tacomatose

You actually pay for that packing regardless of if you want to or not on other sites. A Person ordering a basic system with little extra mods or very little distance shipping in regards to location, has the choice to not want to pay. Something understandable to me despite seeing people spend $1000 or more on a machine and then wanting to nickel and dime themselves from an investment so pricey. Seriously, ****ing about $19 after spending so much on a new rig is absurd. You get what you pay for and if you want to gamble on your new purchase, IBP allows you to do so. In the end though, it is your choice and your gamble, pay it and have peace of mind, or dont and take a chance.

The special packaging doesn't protect the customer from bad builds (unhooked wires/parts) or crappy no-name components.

Tacomatose

• Total Posts : 178
                                  Re:Whats taking so long.... Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:57 PM (permalink)
                                  tiggerwof

Tacomatose

The special packaging doesn't protect the customer from bad builds (unhooked wires/parts) or crappy no-name components.

No, but you building your own system with your own parts and such does. Perhaps do it yourself next time.
                                  Intel® Core™ i7-2700K Processor
                                  [3-Way SLI] ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
                                  8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600
                                  GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)

tiggerwof

Re:Whats taking so long.... Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:03 AM (permalink)
                                    We all get it Tacom, IBP can do no wrong in your eyes and you have a very low standard for quality customer service.  I pray you are not in a field that involves sales or customer service, you would be really bad at it...lol.
                                    <message edited by tiggerwof on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:05 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9