My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key.

RRelaxing

• Total Posts : 2
My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key. Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:21 PM (permalink)
I bought an ibuypower computer and it won't let me type the product key? What do i need to do in order for me to let it type thank you.

Baffles

• Total Posts : 8420
    Re:My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key. Friday, December 28, 2012 8:57 AM (permalink)
    How is it not letting you type it in?

is it giving an error when you try to input it, or just getting no response from the keyboard?

try unplugging the keyboard and re-plugging it, or moving to a different USB port.
    Also, you can always enter your product key later, you have a few days to activate it after you get the system anyways. If you skip the product key step in the initial setup, you can get to it later by doing
    1. hold the windows key and press "pause/break" this will bring up the system properties
    2. scroll to the bottom, look for the windows activation section, there will be a link you can click on to "change product key", enter the new one there

RRelaxing

• Total Posts : 2
      Re:My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key. Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:53 PM (permalink)
      How do you skip the product key part?  Also, im getting no response from my keyboard.
      <message edited by RRelaxing on Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:02 AM>

GM_Pax

• Total Posts : 43
        Re:My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key. Monday, December 31, 2012 7:53 PM (permalink)
        No response from the keyboard?  Hmmm.

Preliminary questions, not meant to give offense:

Is the computer plugged in?
        ... can you turn the computer on?  does it make any noises?  What, if anything, is displayed on the monitor?

Is your keyboard connected to the computer?
        ... it probably uses a USB plug, to connect to a small rectangular port on the back of the computer.  There are multiple USB ports back there, any one of them should do.

Is your mouse connected to the computer?
        ... likely with the same kind of connector as your keyboard.

Is your monitor connected to the computer?
        ... your monitor may use one of a few different connector types.

If every answer above is "yes", then you should try movg the keyboard's connector to a different USB port.

Alternately, you can try using a different keyboard - you can get a cheap one for $ or $10 from places like Walmart, if you must.  This may especially be necessary if you have one of the fancier keyboards - my Logitech G510 needs to draw more power than a "simple" keyboard, and at certain points in booting up my old desktop, it simple wasn't given enough power to work with.  I keep my old $3 iBuyPower keyboard on a shelf in my closet, in case that ever causes me any grief ...

Riottt

• Total Posts : 3
          Re:My ibuypower computer won't let me type the product key. Friday, January 04, 2013 9:59 PM (permalink)
          Im having the same problem, my keyboard simply won't work. It's connected via a USB port as well as my mouse. I'm using my own mouse (that works fine) but I am using the keyboard that IBP included and it refuses to work at all. What's the problem?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message